- Got back from vacation with the usual back-from-vacation-what-is-it-I-do-that-these-folks-pay-me-for fog
- Recently got a new boss (former boss from earlier position)
- Some projects slowing down, some simmering under the radar, some seemingly waiting for...oops, waiting for me!
- I don't share it with anyone--hey some things just need to stay private.
- It is "time spent" focused, not achievement focused.
- Project name
- Status (green, yellow, red)
- Status description (where the project is currently or why it is yellow or red)
- A log to record activity and date
Tip: To pull data from a another sheet in the same file:
- Click the cell on the summary page where you want the data to show.
- Type an equal sign.
- Navigate to the sheet that has the data you want to display.
- Click the cell that has the data.
- Press Enter.
And since it is a Google doc, I have shared it with my boss.
My new routine is to look over the status summary and the individual tabs each morning.
Here is what I have noticed:
- I am motivated to do something so I can log an activity. And since neither my boss nor I are stupid, I look for a meaningful activity.
- When my status indicates I am in a holding pattern waiting for someone/something, I send an email to the party I am dependent on, or I schedule a meeting with them--and log that activity!
- My focus is on making progress and not on clocking in and out.