There can be a number of advantages to using a comic-style treatment:
- Overcome traditional disinterest in "User Guides"
- Allow a friendlier, instructive tone
- Use line illustrations of screen areas to focus user attention on critical details
- Use "illogical" shifts, such as going from a "white board" type overview to the narrator standing in front of a large UI pointing to an area of interest
- More easily translated than screen cam tutorials
- Can be randomly accessed for review purposes (something hard to do with video-based training)
So for a while, Fridays will be "Comic Day" in this blog. Just trying to get immersed in the genre--all work and profession related. I'll try hard not to enjoy myself :-)